Friday, March 2, 2012

Savant

A name can have many meanings and Savant aka Seven DS
Tim Olimpio has a story to tell with his debut album " Against The Grain"
is Autobiographical. Savant will tell you a story from beginning to end of his triumphs, struggles, wins, and losses-he has a message.

I first met my featured artist in 2005 is when the 1st passions of his music began
" My Story" he first recorded when he was 18 years old. " My Story" hold significance for me because I heard his drive, his hunger over the hook and in between the breaks of the beat. I heard his raw style and and most of all his drive.
It reminded me of Wu-Tangs 32 Chambers east coast at it's finest. That is quite a complement to a up n coming artist in his blossoming.

Savant aka Seven DS representing 831 Hip -Hop. His artistic influences were DMX and Sade' " really anyone with a message." Savant has a story latent in his debut album. With the encoragement of his friend KCAZ of the group the Gouda Gang " he forced him to rap." so his confidence built over time and he eventually found his voice his stance strong in the music game. They started to collaborate then it became a friendly competetion. His style is very real, raw and reminiscent of hip hop circa 80s with a tinge of east coast.


His music has been played on Local radio station KDON 102.5, he has also collaborated with Lady Ile and up and coming female MC produced by DJ fRESH, on the song " Victum" feat Lady Ile and C.A.H.M. odd the debut album

His music is autobiographical to exposing the other side of Santa Cruz " Most people think this is where the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is and the beaches are, but there's a grimy side that need's to be exposed and I feel, I am showing that beginning to end with my music." It's like telling the dialougue from a movie. Savant n; ( a man of learning.) I have seen all these experiences he's been through because in his Music knowledge

Savant is an accomplished up and coming artist inhis own right he is a hip hop artist but also a recording egineer so this diversifys his talent as a musician to have dual talent.

The songs I reviewed were " Be So Strong" and " Stomache" which are tracks off of " Against the Grain."




  • Stomache it starts off as a opus to be hungry literally and metophorically being hungry looking for food but food for thought.
    He exposes where he was living and the lenghts he would go to feed his stomache. This is what alot of people can relate to because of the hard times we are facing he just adressing the forgone conclusion.

    Be So Strong
    this song is one to laser into you about being strong when it's the only option this one struck a chord with me and has helped me through.

    You can find Savant AKA Seven DS
    www.savant7.bandcamp.com
  • savant7.bandcamp.com
    ‎15 track album

..

No comments:

Post a Comment